Principal Lead Software Engineer - User Terminal
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PRINCIPAL LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER – USER TERMINAL
We are looking for a talented, creative and driven lead software engineer to lead a small team that will deliver the software for high volume consumer electronics devices. You will architect, define, design, and lead the implementation of the software for our satellite-based internet service’s user terminal.
The success of this business depends on the quality of the software that you and your team produce. That includes reliability, fault tolerance, throughput, security, and user experience.
If you seek a fast-paced, dynamic environment; if you thrive on solving difficult, fuzzy problems where resolutions have high impact; if you love managing through persuasion and if you love the challenge of building something from scratch, then this position might be your next career step.
- Lead the development and design of highly reliable software for the user terminal
- Drive the software architecture, design, implementation, verification, deployment and field support. This includes application layers and user interface, networking, OS, driver and security feature implementation
- Recruit, interview, and build teams of exceptional software engineers
- Support hardware architecture, specification, selection, silicon and board bring up, debug, productization and manufacturing
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math or another related science discipline
- 10+ years of C++ and Object Oriented Design skills
- 7+ years of leading high performing technical teams and projects
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced degree in computer science or computer engineering
- Ideal candidate will have played a major role on groundbreaking projects, designs first thought impossible or systems that really pushed the envelope
- Experience with low cost consumer electronics devices, systems using highly integrated system on a chip solutions
- Experience with high performance, low latency, secure software, remote software updates and diagnostics, and support of system using disparate hardware and software versions
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly cross-functional leadership role
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to deal with ambiguity