Production Development Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SATELLITE PRODUCTION DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
- Develop production work center design including architectural requirements, facility resources, and part flow to meet production rate needs across multiple production teams
- Act as a technical resource to research, specify, and procure equipment to meet product build requirements and will initiate asset performance, serviceability, and maintenance strategy across work centers
- Coordinates and schedule work with internal SpaceX teams and outside general / sub-contractors
- Ownership of floor layouts, capacity studies, and product flow analysis to ensure on-time vehicle delivery
- Owns specific Satellite production budgets for yearly construction, asset, operational, and tooling expense; develops internal financial plan among production teams to plan and execute capital expenditures
- Sets priority and drive agenda on facility projects to meet critical production schedules
- Implement data acquisition and tracking for environmental, testing, and safety controls
- Assist production/engineering leadership team to identify trends and opportunities for optimizing product output, quality enhancements, and cost of manufacturability
- Bachelor of Science in mechanical, civil, industrial or industrial systems engineering.
- Minimum of 3 year of experience in a manufacturing, construction or industrial project management role.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Leadership experience in manufacturing engineering or construction fields.
- Experience with pneumatic, hydraulic, LN2/GN2, electrical systems, and cleanroom environments.
- Experience with construction documentation and developing architectural plans.
- Proficient understanding of important manufacturing concepts such as Lean and Six Sigma.
- Experience developing facility support systems for aerospace production/test.
- Experience with production automation and tooling.
- Experience with large capital budgeting/project management and financial analysis.
- Creative and passionate approach to addressing challenges, and an enthusiastic, self-motivated attitude that relishes in delivering best-in-class performance.
- Strong computer and analytical skills including proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, and Microsoft Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.