Senior DSP Engineer - Digital Beamforming Systems
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SENIOR DSP ENGINEER – DIGITAL BEAMFORMING SYSTEMS
You will be part of a team responsible for defining the digital beamforming architecture, calibration scheme, implementation design, prototyping and production of the digital beamforming phased arrays for satellite communications system. Other responsibilities include:
- Drive the system specifications for the phased array system architecture in collaboration with antenna, system, silicon and RF teams.
- Design and optimize the calibration architecture, silicon implementation, system level implementation and calibration algorithm in collaboration with silicon and system teams.
- Conduct trade-off studies for performance power, cost, complexity and reliability of digital beamforming systems.
- Develop test plans and procedures for digital beamforming systems.
- Develop bring up and test SW and tools for digital beamforming system.
- Masters of Science degree in electrical engineering, computer science or applied mathematics with record of coursework and research work on signal processing.
- 8+ years of relevant research and/or industry experience.
- 5+ years of experience with a programming language such as C, C++ or Python.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- PhD in electrical engineering, computer science or applied mathematics with record of coursework and research work on signal processing.
- Previous work or research experience in beamforming systems.
- Familiarity with FPGA programming.
- Familiar with existing beamforming systems and industry trends.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.