Firmware Engineer - Digital Beamforming Systems
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
FIRMWARE ENGINEER – DIGITAL BEAMFORMING SYSTEMS
You will be part of cross-functional group in charge of the architecture, integration and testing of advanced phased array systems. You will have the opportunity of interacting with engineers with several disciplines including antenna engineers, ASIC and RFIC designers, electrical engineers test engineers and manufacturing engineers. The responsibilities include:
- Bring-up and debug proof of concept prototypes.
- Implement, and maintain complex firmware designs.
- Write clean, easy to understand, robust, and sustainable code tailored for embedded systems.
- Masters of Science degree in electrical engineering, computer science or computer engineering.
- 3+ years of industrial or research experience.
- 1+ years of experience with C or C++ on embedded systems.
- Previous work experience with communication protocols (SERDES, UART, SPI, I2C etc).
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- PhD in electrical engineering, computer science or computer engineering.
- Experience interfacing micros to peripherals.
- Board bring-up and debugging skills.
- Experience in beamforming systems esp. digital beamforming.
- Familiarity with DSP concepts and applications.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.