Hardware Development Engineer - Phased Array Systems
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
HARDWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER – PHASED ARRAY SYSTEMS
You will be a part of phased array integration team responsible for the architecture, design, and implementation and testing of the phased array systems for the satellite payload and user terminals. Other responsibilities include:
- Design and optimization of different blocks of phased array system.
- Design the proof of concepts systems and prototypes for the next generation of the user terminals and phased arrays.
- Design of RF circuitry in collaboration with RF team.
- Design of automated test systems, test fixtures and factory test.
- Attend the bring-up and test campaigns of the phased array systems.
- Masters of Science degree in electrical engineering or computer engineering
- 1+ years of industrial or research experience.
- 1+ years of experience in high-speed digital design, multi-gigabit SERDES, signal and power integrity.
- Previous work experience in a programming language.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- PhD in electrical engineering or computer engineering.
- Coursework or research work on beamforming systems or other applications of signal processing.
- Familiarity with analog electronic fundamentals (basic blocks, filters, noise etc)
- Experience in design, implementation, bring up and debugging of proof of concept HW and prototypes
- Proficient in developing programs for instrument control
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.