Software Engineer - DevOps
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Software Engineer – DevOps
We don't just build our own rockets; we also build our own software. Warp is our proprietary ERP system, which manages the company’s supply chain, manufacturing, mission, and costing activities. We are seeking an individual driven to make the delivery and production of our internal solution world-class.
Your opportunity at SpaceX: You will be working with engineers trying to enhance our software to keep pace with our expanding launch manifest. Every day presents a new challenge, and as a Software Engineer of DevOps at SpaceX, you will greatly influence our ability to efficiently produce software to meet the changing demands of one of the most dynamic companies in the world. SpaceX’s goals are out of this world— are yours?
- A majority of this position will be focused on coding custom DevOps tools/applications in the C#.Net stack, and the position will also include operational duties such as deploying code to the server and monitoring deployed application performance
- Author, design, improve, and maintain tooling used in the software development life-cycle
- Build and support continuous delivery systems
- Design and program multi-component applications
- Help the team achieve goals by making software development infrastructure “like air”
- Plan and adhere to roadmaps
- Completed bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, applied mathematics, physics, or similar technical discipline
- 2+ years of experience in object-oriented software engineering with a focus on deployment tools, DevOps, or custom software delivery life cycle enhancements
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Infrastructure as Code experience
- Site Reliability Engineering experience
- Operational support experience – know how handle incidents and communicate investigation/resolutions
- PowerShell, Ansible, or Puppet for software deployment
- C#, Python, or Java fluency
- Code repository experience such as Git
- Software engineering practices:
- Build automation
- Continuous integration
- Configuration management
- Atlassian stack experience
- Microsoft Office tools suite
- Work in rotation to support products on network either from 05:00-09:00 or 17:00-22:00
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.