Propulsion Technician - Pressure Test
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Pressure Test Technician – Dragon Spacecraft
This pressure test technician will be supporting the OTW cell within Dragon. The responsibilities will include pressure testing OTW subassemblies and expand to completing system level prop checkouts of the Dragon 2 Prop System
- Setting up GSE pressure lines to flight hardware and ensuring the lines meet cleanliness/dew point requirement
- Running pressure panels up to 20ksi to complete testing
- Running a helium mass spectrometer and vacuum bagging assemblies to detect leaks
- Troubleshooting any GSE leaks
- Torqueing assemblies per the work instructions/drawing
- Running a DAQ when required and installing transducers
- Accept or reject test units based on calculated test data and results
- Performs work according to procedures, specifications and test instructions
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working on pressurized systems or components
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A & P license
- Experience with pressure, temperature and flow measurement devices, and mechanical and electrical systems
- 5 years of aerospace engines experience
- Must be able to work night shift and available for overtime and weekends as needed
- Repetitive assembly operations, grasping, standing, lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.