Avionics Systems Certification Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
AVIONICS SYSTEMS CERTIFICATION ENGINEER
- Customer program management between SpaceX Avionics and the customer’s certification teams
- Manage the definition, execution, and submittal of certification deliverables required for NASA and Air Force spacecraft and launch vehicles
- Drive execution of the Avionics certification requirements with various cross-functional teams, including Avionics, GNC, Software, Propulsion, Structures, Materials & Processes, Quality, Production, Supply Chain, Launch, Mission Ops, Mission Assurance and Mission Management
- Review and analyze configuration changes relative to contractual requirements
- Provide engineering support for the integration of spacecraft systems
- Provide engineering support for the development of system safety and reliability documents
- Generate technical reports and analysis to support certification and verification activities
- Generate and maintain an Avionics certification schedule for each project
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- 2+ years of experience with hardware development or systems integration
- Customer and/or technical program management experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in electrical or aerospace engineering
- Understanding of NASA, SMC and IPC standards
- Familiarity with requirements management tools
- Demonstrated understanding of electrical hardware design
- Understanding of safety and reliability concepts
- Superior organizational and analytical skills with keen attention to detail and quality
- Ability to work proactively and effectively in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Team-oriented, with a positive attitude and ability to work well with others
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent customer management and communication skills
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.