Dining Room Attendant
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
DINING ROOM ATTENDANT
This is a leadership position for an individual ready to steer a team to success in a fast paced restaurant and catering environment. They will support the mission by providing excellent customer service and quality food options that boost morale and productivity within SpaceX.
- Assist in the organization and cleanliness of all on-site dining areas
- Coordinate and execute catering requests for meetings
- Oversee maintenance of all beverage stations, including inventory and restocking supplies
- Act as point of contact for vendors and technicians
- Adjust staffing according to the days situation at hand
- Exercise strong customer service and communication skills
- High school diploma,GED, or work experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A valid ServSafe or state food handler’s card
- Demonstrated excellence in guest service skills: reliable, consistent, informative, and pleasant
- Able to withstand frequent bending, stooping, and lifting of objects up to 25 lbs.
- Strong knowledge of styles of service such as casual dining, fine dining, buffet, ala carte, etc.
- Manager edition of the ServSafe certification
- Self-motivated and works well with others
- Strong understanding of food safety and sanitation practices
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and take initiative in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable working in high volume output environment
- Frequent bending and stooping
- Ability to work in a continuously-standing position for four or more hours
- Physically capable of performing manual labor tasks (lifting up to 25 lbs.)
- Ability to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.