Commercial Sales Market Analyst
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
COMMERCIAL SALES MARKET ANALYST
- Deliver actionable insights through data analytics and synthesize results in succinct presentations to aid senior management in decision making
- Participate in proposal development
- Dive deep into complex business problems and provide insights into acquisition and demand patterns through hypothesis testing
- Create targeting and segmentation schemes to optimize marketing spend
- Support business intelligence reporting, marketing execution and ad hoc analysis
- Support analysis of marketing campaigns through statistical modeling, customer segmentation and profiling, design of experiments, and data mining
- Actively collaborate to apply learning to other channels/campaigns/products/business units
- Utilize SQL/SAS/R or other relevant statistical tools for data mining and predictive analytics
- Reconcile divergent demands of multiple stakeholders in a fast work environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ combined years of experience in similar roles
- 2+ years of experience analyzing data, drawing conclusions and making recommendations
- 5+ years of experience in business development, US Government acquisition, and/or project management
- 2+ years of programming experience (SAS/SQL/R or other equivalent statistical programming languages preferred)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in a technical discipline or an MBA
- Experience as a management consultant at one of the top-tier consulting firms
- Ability to demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop strong, synergistic relationships with a multitude of teams and personnel
- Good working knowledge of space defense and intelligence markets
- Experience assessing request for information (RFIs) and Sources Sought notices
- Success leading and/or participating in gate review activities
- Ability to assess market trends that indicate business opportunities several years in the future
- Working knowledge and understanding of DoD acquisition process
- Impeccable ethics
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.