Propulsion Technician - Temporary
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PROPULSION TECHNICIAN - TEMPORARY
- Responsible for the use of mechanical tools and precision calibrated tools – torque wrenches, micrometers and calipers
- Responsible for assisting technicians and engineers in the staging, cleaning, assembly and testing of critical flight hardware and tooling
- Perform all production duties to meet all SpaceX specifications and expectations, under minimal supervision
- Ensure all production services are performed on time, safely and in a professional manner
- Perform work according to procedures, specifications and test instructions
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
LENGTH OF POSITION: 6 Months
LOCATION: Hawthorne, CA
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in aerospace
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Complete training in the staging, installation, processing, removal and de-staging of pressure vessels
- Detail oriented, organized, and demonstrate a high sense of urgency
- 3 years of aerospace experience
- Knowledge of pressure, temperature and flow measurement devices; mechanical and electrical systems; pressure vessels
- Strong mathematical, basic computer, problem solving and decision-making skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, meet aggressive schedules
- Must be able to work all required shifts, overtime, and weekends as needed
- Capable of lifting up to 25lbs. unassisted
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching may be required to perform the functions of this position
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.