Production Scheduling Supervisor
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Production Scheduling Supervisor
The Production Scheduling team is responsible for developing, monitoring and fulfilling a Master Schedule to meet production part demands, including launch manifest, development, spares and/or qualification units. The Supervisor role will train the Expeditors and Production Coordinators to maintain the build schedules from cradle to grave for each unit and monitor the health of the system. This role allows for direct impact to production success and opportunities to engage with all aspects of the organization.
- Maintain Integration Schedule for programs using Microsoft Excel, Project or similar program
- Provide daily visibility on schedule, part shortage or resource performance
- Prepare probability based schedules to assist management in making decisions
- Prepare work schedules and track work progress to highlight project critical path, escalation paths and suggest remediation activities
- Provide scheduling expertise to department, company, and other personnel as required
- Perform schedule analysis on critical path and variances
- Supervise Production Coordinator force across both shifts
- Work closely with customers regarding shipments and daily schedule targets
- Manage part shortage escalations and remediation
- Perform Fulfillment activities as needed to support production floor
- Work directly with resource Supervisors and Managers to resolve on going part shortages, production rate plans, part kitting processes and general floor organization events
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or 5 years’ experience as a Production Scheduling Supervisor
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with project planning and scheduling
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- SpaceX experience
- Experience with medium to high volume manufacturing
- Professional experience with Microsoft Excel, SQL, and similar scheduling software
- Ability to work with limited supervision to develop and maintain program schedules
- Experience working with an Enterprise Resource Plan (ERP) system
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word and PowerPoint
- Analytical and organizational skills; able to be diplomatically persuasive or assertive when necessary
- Ability to work and communicate well with others in a team environment
- Skilled at taking in large quantities of information and presenting it in a clear and concise manner
- Experience in integrated master scheduling (IMS) and integrated master plans (IMP)
- Some technical background, but not necessarily aerospace
- Must be a fast learner, someone who takes initiative
- Strong communication skills
- Typically 50 hour work weeks, schedule varies depending on site operational needs; flexibility required
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 lbs. unassisted
- Must be available to work all shifts, weekends, and extended hours as needed
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.