SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Conduct structural, pressure, leak, and dynamic tests on flight and qualification hardware to evaluate if parts meet acceptance test criteria
- Develop, maintain, and execute test plans for products ranging from components to sub-assemblies to vehicle-level systems
- Operate and understand complex test facility systems using schematics and wiring diagrams
- Operate test console (LabVIEW control program) and help direct a team of technicians to execute test processes
- Work with data acquisition systems and control systems to continually improve in-test data recording and usability of the system
- Analyze and review data to ensure that hardware is operating as expected utilizing numerical data analysis tools to interpret test results
- Develop novel ways site-wide to streamline processes and increase the efficiency and reliability of testing operations
- Provide insight into the design of tooling and equipment from development to full volume production including Poka-yoke, controls, and standardization of componentry
- Develop robust plans to ensure that equipment and machine capacity is developed in line with volume production requirements and also provide detailed analysis for the appropriation of capital and ROI
- Bachelor of science degree in mechanical, aerospace, systems, or manufacturing
- 2 years of experience using test instrumentation and control components such as: pressure transducers, thermocouples, RTDs, strain gauges, accelerometers, flow meters, load cells, relays and solenoid valves
- Experience with data acquisition hardware and software in hands-on testing environments (hydraulic and pneumatic systems)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge or experience in aerospace structural or mechanical systems assembly and testing
- Experience with LabVIEW and DiaDEM software
- Experience with Control System Logic (PID, PLC)
- Knowledge in production methods such as machining (milling, drilling, tapping), composite layup, molding, materials and heat treatment
- Experience with reading / understanding drawings and technical manuals / reports / schematics.
- CAD modeling (Unigraphics NX preferred) and Teamcenter experience
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. unassisted, lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Ability to work in a high-concentration, high-stress environment with prolonged mental concentration and acute attention to detail
- General physical fitness is required for some work areas, tight quarters and physical dexterity is required
- Occasionally exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain, etc. and work performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.