Sr. ASIC/SoC System Integration Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
ASIC/SoC SYSTEM INTEGRATION ENGINEER
You will be responsible for the definition and specification of custom silicon components of the SpaceX Satellite program. You will work with development teams through the specification and implementation phase to achieve high performance and cost-effective solutions for challenging problems. You will interact with the system engineer team to arrive at the right system-level trade-offs that satisfy both business goals and technical constraints.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or math.
- 7+ years of work experience in designing or integrating silicon.
- 5+ years of experience with system integration or architecture.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with processor architectures, memory subsystems, interconnect technologies
- Experience with performance, power and area trade-off analysis
- Experience with all phases of silicon development from production to qualification
- Experience with large-scale SoC development
- Experience as a silicon architect.
- Experience with wired and wireless communication standards.
- Experience with satellite communication systems.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a product from concept to production.
- Demonstrated the ability to work in a dynamic environment that includes working with changing needs and requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong software design skills.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.