Test Specialist - Temporary
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
AVIONICS TEST SPECIALIST – TEMPORARY POSITION
- Work with EEE parts engineers to troubleshoot PCBA and EEE piece part failures
- Basic inspection and characterization of electronic components, including optical microscopy
- Perform electronic component functional tests and record test results
- Build (and disassemble) small electrical sub-assemblies
- Manage storage, tracking, and identification of EEE piece part hardware to be tested
- Create preliminary reports on test results
- Use a wide range of test equipment including establishing and maintaining specialized test setups
- Solder and desolder through-hole and SMT components
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 6 months
- LOCATION: Hawthorne, CA
- SHIFT: 1st shift
- 3+ years of hand’s on experience with electrical/avionics hardware or an associate’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in hardware electronics and PCBA troubleshooting
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with diverse electrical test equipment – analog and digital
- LabVIEW or Python experience
- Strong teamwork skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail with outstanding work efficiency and accuracy
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.