SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Supply Chain Planning lies at the heart of SpaceX, where we build world-class rockets and spacecraft at an unprecedented rate. Fulfillment Planners help support tactical functions of material planning and procurement, to ensure we fulfill the part requirements to meet our customer manifest and development goals. This includes working closely with Production to coordinate the flow of work between departments, working with Buyers and our supplies to ensure on-time delivery, updating systems that signal the broader business, reporting on critical shortages, and driving continuous improvement.
We need forward-thinkers who can recover material shortages on purchased and fabricated parts by working cross-functionally to develop creative solutions. Help us build rockets reliably, cost-efficiently, and on-time!
- Independently drive and use discretion to resolve blockers that prevent Production or Supply Chain from delivering on-time
- Develop recovery plans for material shortages, including finding substitutions or alternate supply
- Update tracking and communication tools required to align Engineering, Production, and Supply Chain for common success
- Hold stakeholders accountable to resolving action items
- Follow-up on purchase and work order promise dates
- Completed bachelor’s degree
- Experience working at SpaceX or professional experience in material planning, operations management, supply chain management, or master scheduling
- MRP experience
- Complex manufacturing experience in an aerospace, automotive, or related industry
- Great communication skills
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Strong computer and analytical skills including proficiency in spreadsheets
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work during simultaneous projects
- Detail oriented, organized, and demonstrate a high sense of urgency
- Strong work ethic and a “can-do” problem-solving attitude
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. unassisted
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be willing to work extended hours and the occasional weekends
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.