Human Resources Data Analyst
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
HUMAN RESOURCES DATA ANALYST
SpaceX is growing our Human Resources (HR) Data and Automation team with the addition of a Human Resources Data Analyst. The ideal candidate will share our to vision to provide useful data and analyses that empower the Human Resources group and company to practice data-driven HR, make better decisions and be more efficient. Day-to-Day duties will revolve around reporting, analyzing, interpreting and communicating human capital data, especially as it relates to Affirmative Action Plan creation.
- Provide data reporting and analysis support for internal or external audits per the (DOL) Department of Labor, (OFCCP) Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs, (EEO) Equal Employment opportunity, etc. involving human capital data
- Independently analyze human capital data
- Identify, join, and analyze disparate data sets
- Conduct data validation and ensure data integrity/accuracy
- Identify significant differences, relationships, and trends
- Collect and analyze data in support of annual Affirmative Action Plan creation and periodic progress checks, including availability analyses, adverse impact analyses, applicant data analyses, and pay equity analyses
- Visualize results of analyses in the form of graphs, charts, tables, and scorecards
- Work with internal partners, such as human resources representatives and recruiters to:
- Identify and understand business issues and needs for data
- Translate those into data tasks
- Prepare briefings to be presented at all management levels, including executive level
- Craft compelling stories supported by data
- Present results and recommendations back to the business
- Create, maintain, and ensure accuracy of key human resources data sets, reports, and metrics
- Identify and close gaps in data collection and distribution processes through close collaboration with HR Data and Automation team
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of professional experience analyzing corporate data
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in math, statistics, economics, finance, engineering, data science, informatics, or computer science
- Experience independently creating statistical analyses and outputs necessary for Affirmative Action Plans (availability analyses, adverse impact analyses, applicant data analyses) and pay equity analyses
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel with statistical packages and macros, and SQL queries highly preferred
- Reporting from HR Information Systems and applicant tracking systems (SpaceX currently uses Workday, Ultipro, and Jobvite)
- Familiarity with creating data visualizations using tools such as Tableau
- Demonstrated experience critically analyzing issues using quantitative data
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to craft and tell a story from data in a corporate setting, preferably to executives or senior management
- Experience handling confidential information appropriately
- Familiarity with data warehousing and business intelligence concepts
- Demonstrated success multi-tasking and managing multiple time-sensitive projects
- Demonstrated ability to deliver excellent customer service to internal customers of data
- Human Resources or recruiting experience
- Experience in predictive modeling using statistical software such as R, Python, or SAS
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.