Lead Full Stack Software Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Lead Full Stack Software Engineer
We don't just build our own rockets; we also build our own business software. This team builds, deploys, and maintains systems that support the design, manufacturing, launch, and servicing of state of the art launch vehicles and cargo; Elon has called us the “nervous system” of SpaceX. We are seeking an individual driven to make groundbreaking solutions trying to revolutionize and modernize the way rockets and satellites are made.
Your opportunity at SpaceX: Every single day is a new challenge, and as a Lead Enterprise Software Engineer at SpaceX, you will deeply influence the direction of our software to meet the changing demands of one of the most agile aerospace companies. If you are creative, motivated, able to demonstrate ownership and support the applications and teams you work with, you can help us get to Mars. It’s no secret that SpaceX has big goals – these goals directly correlate to the systems we put in place.
- Lead a small group of software engineers to craft, maintain, and continuously upgrade the portfolio of applications that empower the business.
- Assure timely release of new features and bug fixes through agile development practices.
- Maintain (and increase) the quality of the solutions delivered, while continuing to reduce the time from concept to consumed solution.
- Drive the software engineering team to create application architectures and development standards that enable the team to produce software tools needed to drive the business.
- Work with the Enterprise Information Systems group to set priorities, plan work, hire, and mentor new employees.
- Provide strong technical leadership, while focusing on continuous improvement for the team.
- Set goals and objectives for team members to achieve operational results.
- Ensure policies, practices, and procedures are understood and followed by direct reports, clients, and partners.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics, or similar technical discipline.
- 5+ years of application development experience.
- Demonstrated leadership experience on software development teams.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Full understanding of Agile process and SDLC methodologies.
- Up to date with current trends, patterns, goings-on in the world of web development as it changes rapidly. Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals and applying them in the real-world.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Work well with ambiguity and be capable of cross group teamwork.
- Understanding of system architecture and ability to communicate and guide others on design decisions.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.