Inventory Specialist- 2nd Shift
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
INVENTORY SPECIALIST- 2nd SHIFT (2:00 PM-12:30 AM)
Inventory Specialist is an important role in our process and directly affects the supply chain process at our Rocket Development Facility in Texas. Located on a 4,500 acre site in central Texas, the Rocket Development Facility is responsible for testing hardware from development stages through acceptance for flight, and from component level to complete stage testing. This position will help to ensure that the inventory is correct and that our Technicians and Engineers have what they need in order to achieve our overall mission of sending humans to Mars.
- Receive, stock, and issue a wide variety of parts, materials, and hardware to support site operations via manual or by use of the VLM (Vertical Lift Module)
- Store parts and materials in bins, drawers, and racks, identifying part and stored location
- Perform picking function to make up necessary kits of parts, material and hardware as required, ascertaining that all parts are available and accounted for in kit
- Maintain strict material handling practices in accordance with good practice/procedures
- Assist with implementation of automation of parts issue process
- Monitor shelf-life storage and maintain proper rotation of stock
- Transact to company computer systems per procedures
- Perform routine cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy
- Verify all material received for conformity with accompanying paperwork, checking for damage, correct part numbers, quantity and revisions
- Perform good housekeeping, safety, 5S practices in area
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned
- Support organization goals/metrics/objectives
- Input daily activity sheet
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an inventory or supply chain role within an aerospace, government, industrial or manufacturing environment
- Experience operating a forklift
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- 5 years of experience in an inventory or supply chain role within an aerospace, government, industrial or manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems and functions
- Ability to make independent judgments with limited information
- Valid forklift certification (re-testing is required)
- Efficient communication skills for relaying data (verbally and in-writing) between other employees and customers
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high standard of accuracy
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain
- Physical effort including standing, lifting, and carrying light to moderately heavy materials or equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 35lbs unassisted
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be available for overtime and weekends as the schedule varies depending on site operational needs; flexibility is required.
- The regular hours for this position will be 2:00 PM- 12:30 AM Monday-Friday with rotating Saturday shifts
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.