EEE Piece Parts Process Engineer - Temporary
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
EEE PIECE PARTS PROCESS ENGINEER – TEMPORARY POSITION
The EEE Process Engineer plays a critical role in supporting the design engineer community towards higher reliability systems. This person ensures SpaceX can continue to use commercial electronics from a wide range of manufactures. The EEE process engineer is a key member that is involved with unforeseen component failures and must make quick decisions for mitigations by bringing appropriate groups together and driving work towards closure. This work impacts all stages of design and production and must interface with supply chain, design engineers, and production.
- Drive Avionics EEE piece part reliability issues and risk towards closure
- Identify, track, communicate, and disposition, part change notifications and GIDEP alerts
- Monitor and track manufacturing bill of materials and impacts to EEE piece part approval processes
- Interface with supply chain, design engineers, and production/manufacturing
- Data management in Agile systems
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 7 months
- LOCATION: Hawthorne, CA
- SHIFT: 1st shift
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1 year (recent) SQL knowledge and basic database administration
- 1 year (recent) experience with the Atlassian tool JIRA
- 2+ years of experience with electronic bill of materials management
- Experience in any of the following areas is a plus: electrical designs (component, circuits, PCBA’s, or electronic assemblies), system architecture, supply chain, purchasing, production and manufacturing
- Experience in driving planning, schedules, resources trade-offs and task tracking
- Basic python coding
- Understanding of basic manufacturing systems for electronic components
- Expert level skill with Microsoft Excel
- Good analytical skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability of "think" out of the box and make suggestions
- Very strong communication skills
- A self-starter with the ability to perform other tasks as necessary
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.