Software Engineer (Tooling)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (TOOLING)
- Improve and maintain a custom made ERP system that is used by hundreds of users in the company
- Create reports that clearly explain the health of all non-flight operations
- Improve forward scheduling algorithms on a capacity restricted model (similar to the background algorithms in MS Project Server)
- Provide insight into the changes of SpaceX’s overall ERP system and build relationships to be able to integrate applications into the system
- Develop in a fast paced and changing environment with creative and innovative solutions
- Create standards for the department’s future software needs
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics, or similar technical discipline
- Minimum of 1 year of experience using SQL to develop reports
- Minimum of 1 year of experience using programming languages to implement complex algorithms (languages include: Python, C#, C++, Java, etc.)
- Knowledge of statistical analysis including data rejection
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to understand and write performant SQL
- Ability to diagnose queries, and work with DBA’s
- Knowledge of how web servers operate on a low-level, i.e. web protocols, designing APIs (application programming interface), how to scale web sites, increase performance and diagnose problems
- Demonstrate an ability to create rich web interfaces using a modern client side framework
- Maintain strong judgment in UX/UI design
- Knowledge of how to structure a database, web site, and rich client side application from scratch
- Demonstrate usage of different testing patterns, continuous integration processes, and build deployment systems (continuous monitoring)
- Functional understanding of common manufacturing techniques including welding, CNC machining and assembly
- Must be open to working long hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.