Sr. Project Controls Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. PROJECT CONTROLS ENGINEER
SpaceX Project Controls professionals work in a fast paced testing environment, where the extraordinary becomes the everyday. The Project Controls Engineer will be involved in developing, maintaining, and assisting in the fabrication planning activities at the Cape Canaveral launch site. This will involve working closely with management, engineering, purchasing, GSE, and coordinating with the launch team.
- Coordinate, collect, verify, and integrate work scope for the fabrication program schedule
- Update and maintain plans and schedules for ground support equipment operations
- Develop and maintain integrated master schedules (IMS) for programs using Microsoft Project or similar software
- Perform resource planning, resource loading and analysis for construction activities
- Provide daily visibility, weekly status, and monthly reviews on schedule performance (critical path analysis, resource curves, productivity estimates)
- Coordinate and review schedule input from engineering, production, suppliers, and business development to develop an integrated master fabrication site schedule
- Prepare weekly work schedules, track work progress, update project critical path schedules, and advise the site management of needed adjustments to site priorities
- Provide scheduling expertise to department, company, and other personnel as required
- Perform schedule baseline change control, collection and tracking performance, critical path analysis and variance analysis
- Construction project analytics, benchmarking, metrics generation, rubrics to understand performance, properly forecast and measure current execution
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- 5+ years of project planning and scheduling experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience managing multiple medium to large sized fabrication projects totaling more than $20M annually
- Experience working with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system
- MS Project or Primavera advanced certification
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with project controls cost/estimating
- Ability to work with limited supervision to develop and maintain program schedules
- Analytical and organizational skills, able to be diplomatically persuasive or assertive when necessary
- Ability to work and communicate well with others in a team environment
- Skilled at taking in large quantities of information and presenting it in a clear and concise manner
- Experience in integrated master scheduling (IMS) and integrated master plans (IMP)
- Some technical background, but not necessarily Aerospace
- Must be a fast learner, someone who takes initiative
- Strong communication skills
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.