Manufacturing Engineer (Machining)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER - MACHINING
- Resolve, analyze and solve manufacturing discrepancies, while interfacing with the quality team (resolving issues for design, fabrication, and assembly)
- Aggressively drive and implement process improvements to reduce assembly hours and build cost
- Fully develop and implement future state production systems for all products
- Create capital/facility justifications for large projects and manage through implementation and runoff
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace, mechanical or manufacturing engineering
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in an automotive, aerospace or medical manufacturing environment (or equivalent internship experience)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with multi-axis milling and turning technology
- Experience supporting a production machine shop
- Design of hydraulic/pneumatic fixtures for unattended production processes
- Lean manufacturing training or experience
- CAD experience (NX & Teamcenter a plus)
- Strong understanding of NC programming, CMM programming, PLC programming
- Experience with capacity modeling, process mapping and fault analysis
- Pareto analysis, root cause and corrective action experience
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) experience
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.