Test Specialist - Composites
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Test Specialist - Composites
Our rapid growth has created opportunities for Test Specialists to join our Production and Test group, supporting testing of materials for our Dragon spacecraft and launch vehicles. The Production and Test group operates a fully equipped testing laboratory utilizing custom test stands and test fixtures. Test Specialists are responsible for executing and recording results of test procedures developed by SpaceX. Depending on experience and capability, Test Specialist will have an opportunity to undertake a variety of tasks.
- Working with design engineers to develop and document test procedures.
- Perform tests according to procedure.
- Maintaining database of test results.
- Designing fixtures and adapters needed to perform tests.
- Provide Test Technician support for Production Test group.
- Setup and checkout of test hardware and instrumentation.
- Execute and run tests (static, pressure proof, leak, thermal, etc.) per test plan and document results.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum 1 year of experience with hand tools.
- Minimum 1 year of experience running tests.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge/experience with actuators and plumbing (Hydraulic/Pneumatic – both set up and operation of these systems).
- Some college coursework.
- Knowledge/experience with pressure systems cryogenic (gaseous and liquid).
- Knowledge/experience with hydrostatic systems.
- Knowledge/experience working with electrical components and/or systems.
- Knowledge/experience assembling electrical connectors.
- Knowledge/experience of strain gage installation
- Experience running tests with Labview is a plus.
- Ability to travel to different sites, as needed (Up to 10%).
- Must be able to work all shifts and be available for overtime and weekends as needed.
- Repetitive assembly operations, grasping, standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.