Falcon Structures Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
FALCON STRUCTURES ENGINEER
- Drive Falcon fairing architecture to achieve reusability as well as significantly lower cost, lower mass, and increase reliability over current production design.
- Conduct design reviews internally and externally with stakeholders and customers.
- Ensure the production, integration, and testing of current and future fairings lead to 100% mission success.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering.
- Experience analyzing, designing, building, and testing primary vehicle structures for harsh environments.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience designing and analyzing fairings.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong demonstrated CAD and FEA skills.
- Experience as a technical project lead in a fast paced team environment.
- Understanding of design considerations including: composites analysis, damage tolerance, fatigue life, corrosion resistance, pneumatic design, performance at elevated temperatures, stress corrosion cracking, and inspection techniques.
- Must be able to work long hours and weekends as necessary.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.