Business Systems Analyst
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Business Systems Analyst
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) is a cross-functional specialist for a wide variety of software solutions in the Enterprise Information Systems (EIS) group. The EIS team supports software development across all disciplines within the company including supply chain, planning, manufacturing, launch operations, reusability, reliability, human resources, and finance. As a member of the BSA team, you will work with highly skilled analysts to collaborate on solutions to resolve SpaceX business users problems through root causes analysis, troubleshooting, and data mining. You have exemplary communication skills, as you will be acting as the face of our department to our customers. In addition, you will work with various product development teams to design, create, and deliver valuable features to the organization by working closely with software developers and product managers. Together, we will work in a challenging, fast paced environment to efficiently and effectively drive results to achieve organizational goals.
You will provide end user support for our custom built enterprise software solution through:
- Investigating root cause of software issues to figure out the best solution
- Guiding customers with clear steps and procedures to overcome system complexities
- Identifying and managing solutions for systemic software bugs and discrepancies
- Appropriating escalation and prioritization techniques
- Prompt and effective communication to internal teams and external partners
- Development and maintenance of automated alerts for business partners
- Creation and upkeep of all internal support documentation
You will support application product teams in enterprise software maintenance and implementations through:
- Eliciting business problems and documenting software requirements with success criteria
- Conducting product testing and providing deployment support for new applications
- Marketing software launches and implementations while managing problems
- Exceptional project management skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited university or college in business, management information systems, computer information systems, computer science, engineering, or similar technical discipline
- 0 – 3 years of experience in business analysis, product management, applications/software development, or ERP systems support
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Excellence in problem solving, troubleshooting, and critical thinking
- Experience in software customer support role
- Basic understanding of programming and/or SQL query
- Experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Strong leadership and teamwork abilities
- Knowledge of agile software development frameworks
- Exposure to Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Experience in drafting requirements and delivering software solutions
- Experience with Microsoft Office products especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Exemplary customer service skills across various levels of an organization
- Ability to stay organized in a highly demanding environment
- Capable of prioritizing a high volume of tasks with little oversight
- Experience with using ticketing systems such as JIRA, Zendesk, etc.
- Must be willing to work significant overtime when needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.