Facilities Technician - Temporary
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
FACILITIES TECHNICIAN – TEMPORARY POSITION - CAPE CANAVERAL, FL.
The SpaceX Facility Technician will be responsible for the daily upkeep, organization, and cleanliness of all Cape Canaveral facilities including the operational areas, trade shops, office areas, warehouses, and building grounds.
- Ensure that the facilities are clean, safe, and functional for all employees, customers, and visitors
- Maintain clean and organized operational facilities, office facilities, warehouses, and parking lots
- Maintain, repair, and renovate physical office spaces
- Assist with office reorganization by assembling, moving, and setting up furniture and office equipment
- Follow all safety procedures
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 6 months
- LOCATION: Cape Canaveral, FL
- SHIFT: Day
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge in carpentry, plumbing, painting, masonry, and appliance installation (dishwashers, stoves, refrigerators, etc.)
- Familiarity with pressure washers and pressure washing functions
- Plumbing skills
- Familiar with painting processes
- Experience with drywall, installation, and repair
- Ability to operate equipment such as: lawn mowers, man-basket lifts, and forklifts
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Strong team orientation skills
- Demonstrated initiative, personal awareness, professionalism, and integrity
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, peers, and management
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting the upper body, working in cramped positions, and climbing hand over hand
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Willingness to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Ability to work overtime as needed with short notice
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.