Electrician - Temporary
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
ELECTRICIAN – TEMPORARY POSITION – CAPE CANAVERAL, FL
- Install or repair a variety of electrical equipment such as: motor control centers, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems, and other transmission equipment
- Preventive maintenance on panels, computer/server rooms, and all other aspects of electrical maintenance including repair and troubleshooting
- Read and implement schematics and blueprints while working with other on-site facilities personnel
- Install and program automation devices
- Install connectors, connector pins, terminals, and lugs
- Troubleshoot all new and existing electrical lines and machinery
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in commercial equipment wiring, maintenance, and repair
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 6 months
- LOCATION: Cape Canaveral, Florida
- SHIFT: Day
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Has obtained an Electrical Journeyman’s License before
- Training and/or experience in basic operation of soldering wires and connectors, operation of various crimping tools, wire stripping, Ohm’s law, and continuity testing
- Ability to use a variety of electrician’s hand tools including sawzall, conduit bender, clamp on current meter, wire tugger, jig saw, hydraulic punch, hand punch, hack saw, multi-meter, spade lug crimper, and other measuring and testing instruments
- Ability to complete work according to compliance regulations, as work may be subject to review by an electrical engineer for general compliance and accepted practices
- Demonstrated skill practicing safety requirements per the (OSHA) Occupational Safety and Health Administration, while working with hazardous energy, heavy loads, and overhead
- Working knowledge of construction and building codes, technology, and standards
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions, climbing hand over hand, lifting 25 lbs. or more, and working on ladders/lifts at elevated heights
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.