SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
We are a progressive purchasing organization pushing the boundaries of traditional purchasing reputation and methodologies. We are looking for individuals who can think outside the box to achieve company objectives with innovative tools and systems. Our organization moves quickly, and you must too. The Purchasing Analyst plays an integral role in supporting the development, execution, and continuous improvement initiatives. We are looking for a highly collaborative individual who has the ability to see the big picture, learn quickly, communicate well, and put it all together for measurable impact to the purchasing team and company.
- Maintain the corporate credit card program through support of individual cardholders, ensuring adherence to usage and reconciliation compliance
- Administer the supplier on-boarding process, ensuring compliance of documents, and supplier information requirements
- Support the development, execution, and continuous improvement of key procurement initiatives that enable the supply base strategic vision
- Conduct in-depth analyses through writing Microsoft SQL queries and leveraging Excel to dive into complex problems, research solutions, synthesize ideas, and develop insightful proposals that provide a clear, actionable path forward
- Develop dashboards that can be leveraged across commodity teams and disciplines to provide quick access and visibility into key quality/cost/delivery data and business risks, driving clear improvement and mitigation actions
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop automation that mitigates business risk and creates process improvements
- Create and maintain process documentation and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or a related discipline
- Experience analyzing data and developing reports in Microsoft Excel
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong technical knowledge and skills in current technologies and applications, especially Tableau, Visual Basic (VPA), and SQL
- Highly-collaborative team player with impeccable attention to detail and strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Exceptional problem solving, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills with a bias for speed without sacrificing quality
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships across disciplines
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Conducts all activities with the highest integrity
- Willingness to work long hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000