Manufacturing Engineer - Avionics
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER - AVIONICS
- Design and implement a mid-volume, semi-automated manufacturing line for advanced satellite avionics from PCB level through avionics box assembly and test. Meet aggressive goals for cost, quality, and throughput.
- Trade manufacturing methods for the fabrication of assemblies and piece parts while working with design engineers to evaluate design impacts. Must provide feedback into the mechanical design of the flight hardware.
- Define and implement process controls.
- Identify and remedy root causes for manufacturing defects
- Lead continuous improvement to reduce costs
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical, aerospace, or manufacturing engineering
- 3+ years of manufacturing, fabrication and/or assembly experience
- 1+ years experience with mid to high-volume manufacturing processes
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience leading continuous improvement efforts, e.g. lean or Six Sigma
- Experience with design of experiments
- Experience with manufacturing automation and design for automation
- Familiar with basic metal forming and surface treatment operations: e.g., casting, extrusion, CNC machining, cutting, passivating, anodizing.
- Proficient in layout and scheduling tools
- Proficiency in 3D CAD (NX preferred)
- Working knowledge of GD&T (per ASME Y14.5) for engineering drawings and part inspection, including use of dimensional inspection tools
- Capable of solving complex problems with little to no supervision on schedule as an individual or as a member of an integrated team.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.