Facilities Painter - Temporary
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
FACILITIES PAINTER – TEMPORARY POSITION – CAPE CANAVERAL, FL.
- Surface prep, including patchwork
- Drywall finishing and texture
- Quality painting with brushes and rollers
- Operate air tools, pressure feed tanks, and airless pumps
- Safe operation of aerial platforms, forklifts, and heavy equipment
- Help other teams as directed
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 6 months
- LOCATION: Cape Canaveral, FL.
- SHIFT: Day
- Experience with commercial painting
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 3 years of commercial and/or industrial painting
- Ability to work at heights with scaffolds, ladders, and fall restraint systems
- Mechanically oriented and experience working with power tools
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Familiar with heavy equipment operation and safety standards
- Familiar with (MSDS) material safety data sheets and (EPA) Environmental Protection Agency regulation codes and standards
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and weekends
- Ability to assume responsibility, work with little or no supervision, be flexible, perform duties, and handle multiple tasks under potentially stressful conditions
- Self-motivated individual able to work independently or in a team environment
- Uses physical force to lift, push, and pull 50lbs.
- Comfortable working outdoors in extreme weather while operating equipment and performing heavy physical labor in a safe manner
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.