Master Scheduler, Government Mission Management
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MASTER SCHEDULER (GOVERNMENT MISSION MANAGEMENT)
Have a knack for enabling timely results in complex situations? What if the results were the rapid development of new launch vehicle capabilities and on time launches of National Security Space missions? SpaceX’s Government Mission Management team is looking for a dedicated and talented individual to develop, maintain, and communicate our highly dynamic mission and engineering development schedules. SpaceX is on the forefront of a new era in space travel, and accurate schedules are crucial to a rapid and reliable launch solution. In this role you’ll be empowered to identify gaps in our engineering plans, implement scheduling process improvements, and drive consistency across all of our proposals and mission schedules. The future of space flight is happening right before our eyes- help us plan it out!
- Coordinate, maintain, communicate, and present the launch and critical path schedules for SpaceX, the most active rocket launch company in the world.
- Our government missions (NASA, Air Force, etc.) require proactive schedule coordination of non-recurring engineering development projects, certification activities, hardware delivery, launch pad preparation, launch vehicle assembly, and construction status. As the government mission master scheduler, you will be at the nexus of all of these activities and working to construct, maintain, and communicate multiple resource loaded plans in parallel is a must for on-time mission success.
- SpaceX schedules are highly dynamic and continue to evolve as we implement process improvements across the company. You must be flexible with changing constraints.
- Quickly understand existing and future projects, assemblies, sequences, and constraints in order to actively de-conflict issues with several teams across multiple sites.
- Devise, maintain, and improve scheduling tools and processes that identify, analyze, and brief potential constraints on a weekly and daily basis.
- Learn our engineering, production, and launch site operations in enough depth such that you are able to critically evaluate them and offer process improvements.
- Work with SpaceX managers, supervisors and leads to ensure that the schedule reflects reality and that projects and key deliverables will be completed on time.
- Facilitate and drive weekly schedule reviews with responsible engineers, ensuring up to date and accurate plans
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or business discipline.
- 3+ years of professional experience as an integrated master scheduler in a technical organization.
- Experience with medium to large sized (4000-8000 lines) projects.
- Experience with generating master schedules from many sub-tier projects.
- 5+ years of professional experience utilizing Microsoft Project.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel, Project and the Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with Milestones Professional, OnePager Pro or equivalent.
- Coursework or training in Critical Path Analysis methodology.
- Experience performing schedule risk analysis techniques.
- Experience with resource loaded schedules.
- Experience analyzing schedules using Industry Standard Health Metrics.
- Strong organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills including public speaking.
- Able to work and communicate well with others in a team environment.
- Able to be diplomatically persuasive or assertive when necessary.
- Highly skilled at taking in large quantities of information and presenting it in a clear and concise manner.
- Understanding of the engineering lifecycle.
- Ability to work with limited supervision to develop and manage many levels of program plans and schedules simultaneously.
- Must be willing to travel (approximately 10%) to other SpaceX locations, as necessary.
- Must be willing to work long hours and occasional weekends when necessary to support proposal or critical project timelines.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.