Sr. Modem Firmware Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. MODEM FIRMWARE ENGINEER
- Design, develop, improve, and maintain software on both existing and next-generation satellite modems.
- Collaborate with Modem ASIC and Networking teams to deliver the best performing modem into our satellite and consumer terminal products
- Assist in lab PCB bring-up and low-level board testing / debugging.
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or computer engineering
- 5+ years of direct expertise in C/C++ programming, and shell scripting such as Perl, Awk, Sed, bash.
- 2+ years of experience with Real Time Operating systems such as VxWorks or RTLinux.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters of Science degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or computer engineering.
- Experience working with Git version control.
- Experience with source code management, unit test, code review, and issue tracking systems.
- Experience with ARM Cortex family of microprocessors.
- Experience with low-power microprocessors.
- Experience with TCP/IP, 802.11, or Bluetooth communication protocols.
- Experience with real-time audio/video streaming or compression.
- Experience with low-level debugging tools (e.g. logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, JTAG debuggers).
- Experience with high-level real-time system design concepts, such as state machines and multi-threaded processing.
- Hands on experience configuring, trouble-shooting, and optimizing embedded C code.
- Experience with multiple types of industry standard I/O and communications interfaces, e.g. CAN, LIN and Ethernet
- Passion for product excellence and quality.
- Experience with Python and Matlab
- Understands calibration of wireless transceivers
- Understands basic Wireless communication and software configuration of modulators and demodulators
- Knows the fundamentals of an OSI 7 layer stack
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.