Materials Technician- Processing
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MATERIALS TECHNICIAN - PROCESSING
- General day-to day preparation, programming, operation, maintenance, and care for air and vacuum furnaces
- Simple robot and turntable programming and operation
- Machining of samples and fixtures using machine shop equipment including lathes, mills, drill presses, shears, saws, etc.
- Maintenance and use of precision calibrated tools including micrometers, calipers, etc.
- Detailed documentation of testing parameters, equipment setup, and other possible variables
- General lab upkeep including cleaning, organization, inventory management, etc.
- General machine shop equipment maintenance/upkeep
- Expediting samples across the SpaceX campus between engineers, testing labs, etc.
- Associate’s degree in engineering, math, or science, or 1 of one of the following:
- 3 years of robot operation/programming experience
- 3 years of programming/operating air and vacuum furnace equipment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to multitask and rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a fast-paced, challenging, work environment
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), Atlassian JIRA, and work order systems
- Brazing experience
- Experience using various types of hand tools and/or power tools
- Advanced robot and turntable programming
- Experience programming FANUC robots
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work off-shifts and available for overtime and weekends if needed with minimal notice
- Ability to wear appropriate PPE for furnace, metal processing, and machine shop environment
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. unassisted
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.