Systems Certification Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SYSTEMS CERTIFICATION ENGINEER
The Systems Certification Engineer will be responsible for developing plans, implementing documents and conducting certification activities for SpaceX products (Spacecraft, Launch Vehicle, Ground Equipment, Flight Equipment, etc.) in order to demonstrate the products’ ability perform for NASA crewed missions.
- Analyze government and commercial customer requirements to determine compatibility with SpaceX products.
- Engage NASA customer while leading internal coordination of any relevant process or design issues.
- Integrate the work of discipline engineers to generate verifications that SpaceX products meet government and commercial customer requirements.
- Support launch and mission operations in support of flight test missions.
- Perform systems engineering and integration and mission assurance on SpaceX systems under development.
- Perform specialized analysis in support of verification activities and may also either lead or participate in tests and demonstrations in support of requirement verification, including joint testing with NASA.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mathematics or Physics.
- 2 years of experience in requirements development, requirements decomposition and allocation, verification plan development, test and evaluation, test plan and procedures development, NASA or USAF certification of spacecraft and launch vehicles, NASA or USAF engineering standards.
- 2 years of experience in at least one of the following disciplines: human factors, flight crew operations, production and test, launch and mission operations, flight testing, systems integration and engineering, or project management.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2-5+ years’ experience in a flight program.
- General familiarity with the disciplines necessary for launch vehicles and spacecraft flight including: Structures, Propulsion, Avionics, GN&C, flight software, dynamics, launch and mission operations, systems engineering and integration.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.