IT Services Technician
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
IT Services Technician
The Texas Test Operations IT team is responsible for supporting all networks and systems associated with SpaceX test operations in McGregor, TX. This position will be responsible for supporting engineers, technicians and support roles at our Rocket Development Facility.
- Provide support to SpaceX employees who require assistance with their information technology resources
- Install and configure computers, telephones, and other common technology/devices for new and existing SpaceX employees
- Provide after-hours or weekend support when necessary to perform high-risk or planned downtime of SpaceX IT systems for upgrades and maintenance
- Support SpaceX with the regular maintenance of monitoring, backup, and infrastructure systems
- Utilize helpdesk ticketing system to resolve customer requests in a timely manner
- 3+ years’ of work experience building, deploying and troubleshooting computer systems
- Experience troubleshooting hardware, printers, and software, Microsoft technologies including Windows 7 & 10, Windows Server, and Microsoft Office
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting network equipment and IP networks
- Enterprise experience working with system imaging systems
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor or Associate degree in computer science
- A+, Network+, MCSE, and other technical certifications
- Working knowledge of audio visual equipment
- Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Ability to take on higher-level strategic projects when tactical projects stall (example: network administration, systems administration, high-performance computing, information security, etc.)
- Ability to write instructional documentation and convey highly technical ideas in simple terms
- Ability to address and resolve information technology issues promptly, effectively and independently
- Motivated self-starter personality, able to work independently while maintaining patience with the constant interruptions of needy coworkers
- Comfortable working with mission critical and sensitive systems, with a sense of urgency appropriate to the responsibilities
- Must be physically fit enough to regularly lift up to 30 lbs. unassisted for duties such as delivering computers, unpacking and rack-mounting equipment, etc.
- Must be comfortable working at heights up to 110 meters with appropriate safety equipment
- Some travel (up to 25%) is required for operational and training purposes.
- Must be available for overtime and weekends as the schedule varies depending on site operational needs; flexibility is required
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.