SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SpaceX’s rapid growth has created an opportunity to add a Contracts Specialist to the Dragon Mission Management team. This person will have responsibilities in contract administration and compliance for multiple different types of Government and commercial launch contracts, including ensuring we meet our contractual obligations for delivering cargo and crew to and from the International Space Station. The Contracts Specialist will also perform legal-related work pertaining to his/her assigned contracts, such as negotiating and executing non-disclosure agreements and purchase agreements. The Contracts Specialist will also assist in proposal preparation and review for new types of launch contracts. As SpaceX continues to work towards its future mission to Mars, the Contracts Specialist’s role may expand to manage Crew Dragon contracts and more R&D programs.
- Ensure compliance with prime contract and assist mission managers with contract performance
- Draft responses to government and commercial proposal solicitations in coordination with mission managers and engineers
- Review and assist with the execution of Space Act agreements
- Manage invoices and payments with Government and commercial contracts
- Manage account and facility access for SpaceX and customer personnel to meet contractual requirements
- Negotiate non-disclosure agreements and vendor contracts
- Create and maintain extensive contract and business files
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a minimum GPA of 3.3 out of 4.0
- 2+ years of Government contract experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from an American Bar Association (ABA) accredited School of Law with a Juris Doctor Degree
- Knowledge of Government contracts, including contract types, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR), and/or the NASA FAR Supplement (NFS)
- DoD and/or NASA contract administration or related experience
- Request For Proposal analysis and large-scale proposal preparation experience
- Excellent academic credentials and strong research, writing, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Must be willing to work long hours and occasional weekends when necessary to support critical project timelines
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.