Supply Chain Coordinator - Temporary
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars
Supply Chain Coordinator, Source Inspection - Temporary
The Supply Chain team is responsible for the sourcing, planning, procurement, warehousing, and transportation of all raw materials and components needed to build our revolutionary spacecraft and launch vehicles. Our mission is to get the right part in the right place at the right time, every time.
The Quality Assurance, Source Inspection team inspects purchased products and certifications at supplier sites prior to shipment to SpaceX. The Source Inspection team provides valuable feedback to the SpaceX supply base to drive improved supplier performance. The team also ensures that suppliers understand SpaceX policies and procedures and confirms that supplier corrective actions have been implemented, when needed.
As a Source Inspection Coordinator at SpaceX, your primary responsibility is to schedule all source inspection events at suppliers and assign source inspectors to inspection events. You will also provide support to suppliers and source inspectors, which may include doing supplier training, assisting with administrative tasks, and serving as the primary point of contact for source inspection scheduling for internal SpaceX stakeholders.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL YOU WILL NEED:
- A detail-oriented mindset and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- The willingness to adapt to a quickly changing environment and learn new processes, policies and procedures
- The capability to succinctly communicate status and needed action, often urgently, to suppliers, inspectors and SpaceX stakeholders
- Scheduling source inspection events based on supplier requests and SpaceX production schedule
- Assigning source inspectors to inspection events in a way that maximizes the support that can be provided
- Learning, understanding and reinforcing SpaceX policies and procedures
- Communicating source inspection support schedule to SpaceX stakeholders
- Resolving resourcing conflicts as needed
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: contract end date is slated for end of Q3 2018 (end of Sept 2018)
- LOCATION: Hawthorne, CA
- SHIFT: Day
- Bachelor’s degree
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in a professional setting involving human resources or customer service
- Team player with a high sense of urgency
- Proficiency with MS Outlook and Microsoft Office tools
- Able to manage multiple on-going projects, be flexible to change, and adapt to shifting priorities
- Self-directed, detail-oriented problem solver with a strong passion to contribute to the team’s success
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels, including on one-to-one basis and in groups
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of inspection methods and manufacturing processes
- Available to work overtime and weekends when needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000