Hardware Development Engineer - Test
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
HARDWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER - TEST
You have a passion for developing electronics for challenging applications; you thrive on making things work. You are the engineer that other engineers can count on; you are technical, you attack every problem with enthusiasm. You are a self-starter, team player, have the hunger to venture into unknown areas and make the system work.
- Subsystem design, analysis, schematic capture, circuit board layout, prototyping, bring-up and debugging, hardware bug tracking, functional verification and signal characterization, test and support through production and flight
- Design and build automated design verification, validation, and characterization solutions, including custom and commercial off the shelf hardware and software
- Identify, design, document, and execute system and component level design tests. Work across team boundaries to ensure end-to-end mission success
- Bachelor of Science Degree in electrical engineering or computer engineering
- 1+ years of professional experience in fast-paced commercial based projects; CPU/FPGA/ASIC circuit boards, consumer electronics, wireless devices, and/or low power platforms
- 1+ years of professional programming experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters of Science Degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or equivalent area of focus
- 2+ years of experience with designing and implementing of analog, digital or mixed-signal circuit boards from concept through production using operational amplifiers, filters, and transistors, analog to digital and digital to analog converters, power supply components, multi-GHz Serdes, DRAM interfaces (DDR4), CAN, I2C, Ethernet, SPI, FPGAs, ASICs, and processors
- 2+ years of experience with testing/troubleshooting/qualification techniques, signal integrity, layout and grounding principles
- Strong understanding of database and reporting tools
- Strong emphasis on full lifecycle development of new hardware systems -- not small incremental updates to legacy hardware
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be available to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.