GNC Mission Design Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
GNC MISSION DESIGN ENGINEER
- Perform trajectory design, optimization, and dispersion analysis for Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy launch vehicle missions.
- Develop flight constants and guidance parameters, verified via analysis to meet mission requirements subject to mission and vehicle constraints.
- Support launch and mission operations from preflight testing through console operation, post flight data review and anomaly resolution.
- Develop automation tools for mission design, analysis, test and reporting.
- Implement new software or algorithms to support mission unique capabilities.
- Support full mission lifecycle support starting with sales and concluding with mission execution.
- Interact with customers to execute current missions and develop future business.
- Bachelor's degree in physics or an engineering discipline.
- Experience with orbital mechanics, classical dynamics, modeling, and simulation.
- Experience with the software languages C++ and Python.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in physics or an engineering discipline.
- Demonstrated project or professional experience in launch vehicle and/or spacecraft systems.
- Capability to solve complex problems with little to no supervision on schedule as an individual or as a member of an integrated team.
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.