Technical Recruiter - Vehicle Engineering
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
TECHNICAL RECRUITER - VEHICLE ENGINEERING
As a SpaceX recruiter, you will run a full desk with a variety of duties and responsibilities focused on the sourcing, screening, interviewing, and onboarding of top talent candidates to fill mission-critical positions. In many cases, you are the candidates’ first encounter with SpaceX and it’s your job to represent the company with professionalism, pride, and enthusiasm. At SpaceX, we work in teams and focus on collaboration yet require a high degree of autonomy. So while you’re not expected to simply go-it-alone, you are expected to show initiative, take responsibility, and run with tasks to completion.
Your day-to-day routine will change often as hiring priorities shift, but there’s a basic set of activities you can expect to run with daily. A typical day can and will consist of the following:
- Meeting with your client groups to discuss headcount, new requisitions, hiring strategy, and/or interview feedback – you truly act as a collaborative partner to your clients.
- Working independently to oversee the entire hiring process for each position as well as collaborating with the larger recruiting team during critical time periods.
- Screening candidates who apply to our requisitions.
- Finding creative ways to source new candidates on sites such as LinkedIn, Stack Overflow, and Git Hub.
- Selling SpaceX to candidates, including information about our current vehicles, upcoming milestones, and why we are working to colonize Mars.
- Discussing candidates you’ve screened with your client groups and recommending top candidates for interviews.
- Giving tours of the rocket factory to candidates before their onsite interview.
- Attending interviews alongside your client groups to act as another set of eyes and ears in evaluating candidates.
- Once candidates are approved for hire, leading the HR onboarding process including initiating background checks, completing reference checks, negotiating offer packages including extending offer letters, and issuing new hire paperwork.
- No day is the same here and the pace moves fast, but ultimately your job is to effectively attract, organize, and manage your pipeline of the country’s most talented individuals to help advance the mission to Mars!
- Completed bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years of professional work experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of recruiting experience, preferably in engineering or a technical discipline.
- Demonstrated expertise in non-standard recruiting methods: cold calling candidates and companies, organizing and executing ad hoc networking events, identifying industry experts and finding unique methods to engage with them, creating unique targeted sourcing campaigns, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and operate with little direction while still being an active team member.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and accountability.
- Comfortable interfacing directly with hiring managers including director and VP level leaders.
- Ability to build strong relationships with both hiring managers and candidates.
- Ability to accurately present but not oversell candidates to client groups; influence decisions by acting as the subject matter expert on talent but avoid dictating client decisions.
- Strong desire to be successful and make an impact.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends when needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.