Software Licensing Analyst
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SOFTWARE LICENSING ANALYST
SpaceX is looking for a licensing analyst to help manage our ever-growing software assets.
- Manage the inventory of owned software and licenses, associated maintenance, and subscription/renewal timelines
- Maintain software procurement and negotiation roadmap, including key milestones and timelines
- Support software procurement and negotiation of software contracts
- Analyze potential software licensing models for cost, and evaluate against current and future business needs
- Determine optimum license utilization models and build documentation and train users on how to utilize software to minimize cost and maximize performance/productivity
- Work with the IT team to build systems and use them to track, manage, monitor, and report on software installation and usage in detail across sites, departments, users, etc.
- Create documentation on software assets and licensing models
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 2 years’ experience managing software and licensing
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge and experience with software contracts and procurement
- Hands-on experience with major software publishers (productivity, engineering design, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with software asset management
- Experience with office productivity tools (i.e. MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Experience with software inventory and deployment tools: Microsoft SCCM, JAMF, MDM tools, puppet, etc.
- Ability to facilitate meetings for large or small groups
- Flexibility and ability to flourish in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- A self-starter with excellent motivation, leadership, and ingenuity
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.