SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The Metrology Technician will be the resident expert in the calibration and repair of electronic, electro-mechanical and mechanical test and measurement equipment for the world-class SpaceX facility in Hawthorne, CA.
- Perform routine and complex work related to the repair and calibration of electronic, electro-mechanical and mechanical test and measurement equipment.
- Provide maintenance on equipment when required.
- Use calibration procedures and measurement systems for use on company equipment in compliance with requirements.
- Assure compliance to Quality Management System.
- Assist engineering teams in assessing and implementing calibration processes and goals to supported systems.
- Provide recall and calibration data to supported teams within the factory and test sites.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the repair and calibration of electronic/electro-mechanical, process control equipment and mechanical equipment.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Military PMEL/TMDE/DOD training preferred.
- Familiar with ANSI Z540.3-2006.
- Electrical and physical dimensional experience preferred.
- AC/DC low frequency experience preferred.
- Familiarity with IndySoft GageInSite preferred.
- ASQ CCT preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and LabVIEW (or an industry specific software).
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be willing to work extended hours.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.