Structures Certification Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
STRUCTURES CERTIFICATION ENGINEER
Join a small team of structures engineers that act as the first line of defense for SpaceX's customers. We are the owners of making sure that we are designing, testing, and analyzing rocket and spacecraft hardware to our customer requirements.
- Lead U.S. Government (USAF/NASA/FAA/NRO) rocket and/or spacecraft certification efforts, including:
- Conducting detailed strength and life analysis.
- Developing design, analysis and test methods for vehicle hardware that support structural requirements.
- Provide inputs to and leading design reviews internally and with customers.
- Ownership of all customer related data requests, deliveries and technical interchange meetings.
- Working directly with government on-site residents.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline.
- At least 1 year of demonstrated experience with CAD and FEA software packages as they relate to structural analysis.
- At least 1 year of presenting technical information in official design reviews (CDR, PDR, or equivalent).
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ Years of industry experience.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Excellent customer interface skills.
- Hands on hardware build and test experience.
- Able to work independently.
- Knowledge of US Government expendable launch vehicle requirements.
- Detail-oriented, diligent, and hard working.
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends when necessary.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.