Manufacturing Engineer (Avionics Test Lab)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER - AVIONICS TEST LAB
- Design and own tooling for production-level environmental testing (vibration, thermal, shock, thermal vacuum)
- Collaborate with Environments, Engineering, and Production to define environmental test equipment specifications, identify vendors, justify spend, qualify equipment and introduce to production
- Develop and maintain production process documentation
- Root cause analysis of equipment, tooling, and procedure-related in-process issues
- Drive improvements in production methods, standards, tooling, equipment, layout, procedures, product designs and employee efficiency to reduce labor costs and maximize quality
- Perform return on investment analysis for capital spend proposals
- Prepare production reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, aerospace, or electrical engineering
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Hands-on environmental testing (vibration, thermal, shock or thermal vacuum) or electro-mechanical testing experience
- Strong CAD experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrated capability solving complex problems with little to no supervision on schedule as an individual or as a member of an integrated team
- A demonstrated record of working in a fast-paced, high-technology environment
- Ability to apply Six-Sigma, Kaizen and 5S techniques to improve manufacturability
- Position may require extended hours and weekend work
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.