Product Engineer, Avionics Systems
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PRODUCT ENGINEER, AVIONICS SYSTEMS
The Avionics Product Engineering team is responsible for the transition of Avionics electronics from New Product Introduction till end of life. As a member of the Product Engineering team, you will be responsible for developing and executing testing strategies by designing test setups and contributing to the testing as it relates to plans, procedures and reports. In addition, as a member of the team, you will be responsible for any design changes due to manufacturability and/or flight reliability.
- Responsible for execution of testing strategies and troubleshooting for avionics hardware spanning PCBA board testing and defect detection, sensor/transducer verification, full functional testing of an assembled unit, and high pressure testing
- Write verification test plans, test procedures, and test reports against product requirements
- Modify electrical schematics for flight applications as they relate to reliability and manufacturability
- Design and troubleshoot test setups and associated support equipment to support execution of testing strategies
- Participate in manufacturing assessments of new designs and drive optimization for manufacturability and cost
- Bachelors of Science in an engineering discipline
- At least 2 years of experience with electronic components, machining, environments testing, or unit level testing; academic projects, internships, and professional experience all qualify
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working in project teams such as Formula SAE or Hybrid Electric Vehicle
- Experience with electronic components, wire harnesses, and electrical test equipment (multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.)
- Experience with 3D CAD (Unigraphics, Solidworks or similar) and electrical schematic capture software
- Experience with Matlab, LabVIEW, Python, SQL, and/or National Instruments hardware
- Knowledge and experience with environmental testing such as vibration, shock, thermal, burn-in, and TVAC
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding atmosphere
- Strong sense of accountability and integrity with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong multi-tasking, organizational, communication and documentation skills
- Creative problem solver with the ability to bring multiple disciplines together, assess risk, and make design and development decisions without all available data
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.