Sheet Metal Technician (2nd Shift)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Sheet Metal Technician - 2nd Shift
- Ability to prepare and run complex bend setups and forming operations. This includes custom punch/die modification used in combination with other tooling (either standard or custom)
- Complex Programming using all the features of a press brake (bending at angles, step bends, proper back gauge transfer between steps, delays, etc.)
- Must have full understanding of blueprint reading and geometric tolerances and how they relate to the finished part
- Thorough understanding of flat pattern layout
- High school diploma or GED
- 5 years of experience working with precision equipment (scales, calipers, height gauges, micrometers, etc.)
- Experience with setup and operation of CNC and Manual Hydraulic Press Brakes
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Programming and CNC knowledge
- Ability to meet daily/weekly production goals with critical time schedules
- Ability to read blueprints and complete basic shop math
- Experience with flat pattern layouts on sheet metal parts
- Ability to hold close tolerances on sheet metal parts per engineering drawings
- Strongly prefer experience with Amada style RG and HDS Hydraulic press brakes
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be available for overtime and weekend hours
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.