Material Transfer Driver (2nd Shift)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Material Transfer Driver (2nd Shift)
The SpaceX Supply Chain Department is a critical player in our operations. To capitalize on our technical and market success, our team will execute large-scale projects that will define the bottom-line for the company. The functions within the department include procurement, planning and fulfillment, supplier development and quality, logistics and inventory. As SpaceX becomes the overall market leader, they will position us to maximize valuation, fuel growth and ensure achievement.
- Performs loading, driving, and unloading of manufacturing, test, and support items within a 2.5-mile radius of SpaceX main building
- Safely load trucks at pickup points and transport truckload to destination following the rules of the road at all times
- Safely load and unload trucks at designated drop off points
- Responsible for ensuring truckload contents are secure for safe and undamaged delivery to destination
- Responsible for scanning barcodes meeting business WMS requirements
- Review all documentation for correct items to be delivered as well as precise delivery area
- Maintain all applicable documents (paperwork) related to items being delivered to ensure they are not damaged during delivery
- Monitor service records of the vehicle when driving and report all problems to manager immediately
- Responsible for the cleanliness of vehicle and refueling when low
- In case of emergency contact immediate supervisor and provide detailed information to remedy issue
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years of trucking experience, preferably with customer-service oriented delivery background
- Counter-balance sit-down forklift experience
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Prefer candidate with material handling and Stake Bed driving experience (Under 26k GVW)
- Prefer candidates with experience driving for a high volume manufacturing environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Prefer candidate with strong customer-service delivery background
- Valid California Class C License and clean DMV record
- Ability to work all required ours, weekends and off-shift with minimal notice
- Must be able to obtain Forklift certification
- Ability to lift 25-30 lbs., lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.