Supervisor, Distribution Center Management (2nd Shift)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Supervisor - Distribution Center Management, Supply Chain (2nd Shift)
Supply Chain is vital to the build of SpaceX's Falcon9 Rockets and Dragon Spacecraft. This role will involve supervision of a team of hourly employees operating within SpaceX’s main distribution center. The team is responsible for all activities from the point that hardware is deemed acceptable from our quality inspections, to the moment hardware is handed off to the fulfillment center or delivery systems organizations. Our goal is to become a leader in distribution center management performance with high inventory efficiency/accuracy and industry leading customer service, while maintaining a safe work environment that utilizes the latest in applicable technologies. This supervisor will also be responsible for leading and driving continuous improvement throughout all aspects of the distribution center.
- Supervisory – Responsible for shift operations and team management.
- Leadership – Manage an hourly workforce: assess employee performance, provide positive/constructive feedback, facilitate conflict resolution, and address repeat issues with corrective actions, performance improvement plans or through disciplinary means.
- Role Model – Lead by setting an example, taking feedback from all levels of the organization, and motivating your organization to achieve the highest level of results.
- Safety – Monitor and improve operations, ensuring a safe work environment – with the goal of zero OSHA recordables annually.
- Quality – Ensure business practices are being followed to not only guarantee the storing of product in a quality manner, but also meet those needs outlined in AS9100 and customer flow-down requirements.
- Inventory management – Manage the incoming acceptance, storing and issuing of a wide variety of parts, details and hardware into inventory.
- Customer Service – Manage operations that provide industry leading levels of customer service in all operations: recognizing the needs of the business and adapting to support our mission.
- Cost – Lead cost saving opportunities, identifying internal/external cost reductions and optimization opportunities.
- Cycle Counting – Ensure cycle counting procedures are routinely followed to meet both our internal and external audit requirements.
- Process Improvement – Drive projects and changes that contribute to the distribution center’s ongoing improvement.
- Shelf Life – Ensure procedures are routinely being followed for shelf-life storage and maintain proper rotation of stock, FIFO.
- Environmental Controls – Ensure the appropriate environmental controls are continuously effective, depending on the material requirements of the items being stored in the distribution center.
- Mentorship – Actively monitor and grow the workforce, ensuring team members are challenged and performing at the expected standards.
- Adaptability – As SpaceX continues to innovate and pave the way for future development, this supervisor needs to be able to adapt his/her team to the ever-changing needs of the organization.
- Monitor and approve employee time keeping records.
- Completed bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year university and 2 years minimum experience in a materials/supply chain position; or 4 years minimum experience in a materials/supply chain position.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Completion of a leadership or rotational development program.
- APICS certification – CPIM or CSCP desired.
- Lean/6-Sigma experience (Green/Black Belt certifications would be a plus).
- Excellent communication and team-building skills.
- Organized and self-driven, capable of working independently with little direction
- Ability to work in a fast-paced /cross-functional environment.
- Experience within an aerospace, aviation, or automotive manufacturing environment.
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office applications.
- Lifting up to 30lbs., standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing stooping, stretching and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Position requires long hours and some nights and weekends.
- Ability to operate forklift equipment.
- Ability to work in areas that require using a ladder or lift (20 feet).
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.