SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The CNC NX Programmer role at SpaceX is expected to have a comprehensive understanding of all CNC machining and programming operations. This role is tasked with working in close concert with machinist, leads, engineering teams, and machining operations management to increase productivity and optimizing machining programs and procedures.
- Use of NX CAD/CAM/CAE program to program CNC parts
- Vericut NC files as well as maintain revision control on programs and setup sheets
- Knowledgeable of carbide tools and adjusting speed and feed parameters for maximum tool life
- Makes or offer suggestions on drawing changes to improve manufacturability
- Machine fixture tooling as directed by process sheets
- Meets expectations for productivity and production goals
- Constantly keep products moving and alerting management when production is inhibited
- Provides consistent ideas for process improvements
- Knowledge of on machine probing and probe program creation using CAPPS-NC software
- High school diploma or GED
- 5 years of CNC programming experience using NX software
- CAPPS-NC experience
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 10 years of CNC programming experience using NX software
- Experience with multi axis mill and lathe CNC machines
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. unassisted
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be available for overtime and weekend hours
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.